THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE
TO ALL THE ‘1072 Hai Kya’ CONTEST (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “CONTEST”) PROMOTED /
ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LIMITED (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE
AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY M/S HT MEDIA LIMITED
The contest activity starts from 18th March, 2016 till 20th March 2016 for the readers of Hindustan
Mechanics are as below:
To play the contest, reader will be asked to guess what 1072 is among the options given in the
The reader can answer either by sending a text on 54242 or tweeting #1072HaiKya
Every hour either the reader can win Rs 10720 which shall selected through randomizer. The Lucky
Winners will be gratified by way of Demand Draft/Pay Order.
Gratification details (per day for 3 days):
||Approx Value (per winner)
||Lucky Winners (per day for 3 days)
Terms and Conditions for Twitter 1072 Hai Kya Contest are:
- 5 questions will be asked on the contest day, 1 question every hour. When a question is
announced, entries for earlier question should be treated as INVALID.
- Participants must follow @1072AaRahaHai on Twitter.
- Participants must tag @1072AaRahaHai in every tweet using the tag "1072HaiKya”
- Participants must RETWEET all the questions.
- Winners will be notified via a Direct Message on twitter
- Prizes cannot be exchanged or cannot be transferred.
- HTML reserves the right to dismiss or extend the contest without any prior notification.
- HTML reserves the right to alter/change the T&C(s) without any notice.
- The twitter contest starts on 19/03/2016.
- This contest is open only to the residents of India.
- The contest will run from 12pm to 5 pm on 19th March, 2016
Twitter Contest Gratification details (one day):
||Approx Value (per winner)
||Lucky Winners (for 1 day)
- Employees of HTML, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family
members and relatives/distant relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- Persons above the age of 18 yrs are only eligible for the contest.
- HTML will not be responsible in any way for failure of any backend technology of IVRS applications
and resultant inability of a listener for participation. HTML will not be responsible for alteration or
unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or
transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control
- Winner will be liable to pay the taxes (if any) as applicable on the winning Prize. The winner is chosen
by a randomizer and only the winner will be intimated by phone by HTML and shall be provided with
the address from where the winner can collect the prizes.
- The winner shall collect the prizes from the office of HT Media Limited based at Delhi. The winning
prize shall be handed over to the winner on production of valid documents for Photo ID proof/Valid
Passport. Any failure on the part of the winner to comply with directions issued by HTML, shall
entitle HTML, in its own discretion to cancel and forfeit the prize for the said winner and then the
same prize will be given to the next winner.
- All the costs and expenses for collecting the Prize will be borne solely by the winner and HTML shall
not entertain any claim, whatsoever. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related
to the acceptance and use of the offer.
- The winner shall bear any Gift tax / Logistics / commuting/Visa cost and any other government taxes
or fees levied for availing the prize, if applicable. Winner accepts and understands that any and all
other related costs and charges have to be borne by the winner failure of which shall eligible HTML
to forfeit the prize. At no point winner shall make HTML liable or responsible for any additional
charges to be paid by the winner for claiming/availing the prizes.
- HTML it’s Partners and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable or responsible for any direct, indirect,
incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, loss of belongings or life due to any mishaps
like fire, robbery, riots, air crash, accident stampedes or any other natural calamity or human led
calamity to participants of the contest when availing/realizing the prize. Winners need to sign
another indemnity/undertaking provided by HTML which shall be final and binding upon all the
- Listeners / Participant/Winner/Reader undertake that he / she is the sole decision maker and is
participating in the contest at his / her own free will, at his / her own cost and consequence and shall
be solely responsible for any mis-happening/liability arising due to such participation.
It shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the participant /listener to ensure that :
- video/content provided by them for the contest shall not:
- Infringe on the Intellectual Property Right of any third party or any rights of publicity or privacy;
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- Be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- Be obscene, pornographic or indecent
- The Prize shall not be transferable and no request shall be entertained by HTML for such transfer. All
decisions by HTML regarding the selection of the winners shall be final and binding
- HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants while participating
in the Contest.
- Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by
- The contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes,
differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining
to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under
the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be
appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
- All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
- HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right at any time, without giving any previous notice to
the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly
or in part, or to withdraw the contest.
- The prize(s) for this Contest shall neither be assignable nor transferable under any circumstances.
- In case of any dispute or difference in respect of the prize/ selection of winners, the decision of
HTML shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- Apart from the above-mentioned prize/s, nothing else will be provided to the winner. All applicable
taxes, levies, cesses, insurances, transfers, visas and other incidental expenses, if any, will have to be
borne and paid by the winner.
- HTML shall on a best effort basis confirm the names/identity of the winner by calling the winner on
their Mobile or Telephone Numbers. However, if the verification of the identity of the winners is not
possible due to any reason(s) including but not limited to, the inability to contact the winner or any
other reason beyond the reasonable control of HTML, the winner may verify the details published at
the aforementioned website. All prizes shall be claimed by the winners, accompanied with
documents specified herein below, from HTML. The documents required to be submitted along with
the claim by the winner include the following (the document list is only indicative and not exhaustive
and HTML shall be entitled to request the Winner to produce such other document/s from the
winner as it may deem fit to its sole and absolute satisfaction:
- Identity Proof,
- Address Proof,
- PAN Card and
- HTML at its sole discretion may also waive production of any of the aforesaid documents
- Failure to claim the prize within the prescribed time limit may result in disqualification and forfeiture
of the prize and/or declaration of alternate winner which is at the sole discretion of HTML
- This offer in this Contest cannot be used in conjunction with any alternative offer or promotion.
- Any upgrade with respect to the prize will be borne by the winner and additional amount, if any,
would be paid directly by the winner and subject to availability and at the discretion of HTML
- The Winner shall be responsible to keep in safe custody the intimation letter and/or confirmations
given/ issued to him/her if any by HTML. In case of loss or damage or theft of the same, HTML
reserves the right to issue duplicate(s) subject to such verifications and/or on such other term/s as it
- HTML reserves the right to change/modify/amend the terms and conditions of the Prize at any time
at its sole discretion.
- HTML its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct,
indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by
the winner or any third party, whether in connection with this contest, or for breach of any warranty
or in tort.
- HTML its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any
technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the Contest including but not
limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or the failure to provide the
correct contest score updates or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, HTML shall not
be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which are beyond the control of HTML or its
- This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond
the control of HTML. Winner agrees and understands that in case winner is unable to avail his/her
prize due to any force majeure circumstances, HTML shall not and cannot be held liable for the same
and is in no way under any circumstances whatsoever responsible to towards the winner.
- The Contest is valid subject to the winner complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as
required by HTML. Any failure on the part of the listener/winner to comply with the any specified
term, condition and/or formality shall render the listener/winner liable for disqualification at the sole
discretion of HTML
- HTML reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or
modify this offer or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria at its sole discretion at anytime
during its validity as may be required in view of business exigencies and/or changes by regulatory
authority and/or statutory changes and the same shall be binding on the listener/winner/participant.
- HTML shall not be responsible for the quality, fitness, merchantability, defect or deficiency etc. of the
Prize and no claim or request, whatsoever, in this respect shall be entertained by the HTML
- Participants/contestants shall indemnify HTML against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of
acceptance or use of any prize(s) or participation in any contest including, but not limited to,
personal injury and/or damage, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent
act or omission or otherwise, whatsoever.
- HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a
participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in
advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, and in any reasonable manner it may
deem fit or generally without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such
participants/winners. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
- Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the